Monday, June 11, 2012

Week of June 11-June 15!

On one of our morning walks, we walked a different route and passed Jack's house!  He was very excited to show his friends where he lives and they were all very impressed with his windows!!!!



Anyone else ever wish they could stop time?!  I feel like the weeks are flying by!  Which in my current condition is wonderful, but I am afraid to blink, scared that when I open up my eyes summer will be over and the kids will all be grown up!!!

Last week we have music class on Friday with Tasha and the kids had a great time singing about the weather!


We also enjoyed some delicous ice cream sandwiches to celebrate the beginning of summer break for the school age kids!  Next fall we have 3 more kids starting school!

















I decided to have the kids decorate their own water bottles to keep at daycare to use for snack time and playtime outside!  That way they always have cold water accesible to them when running around in the heat!  They loved doing it! 














This week, we have Travel Tots on Wednesday with Ms. Jeanette.  The kids really look forward to the classes with her!  We moved our time up a little bit for the summer to work with our schedule a little better.  So class will start at 10am now.

Erin will be here this week on Monday and Wednesday from 3-5.  She will start being here most days in the afternoon starting next week, and her presence will increase as baby time quickly approaches!

I didn't do a June Newsletter since we are not doing official "school" time during the summer, so keep an eye on the blog and the facebook page to know what we have going on at daycare!  I will be sure to send reminders for any special days we are doing.

I am looking at some fun field trip ideas for the summer.  Some just for the older kids and some for the whole group!  I will let you know what I come up with and if I need any help with chaperones/drivers!

MENU:
Monday- Tortilla rollups, fresh fruit,  raw carrots/dip and milk
Tuesday- Homemade macaroni and cheese, corn, applesauce and milk
Wednesday-Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Apple slices, green beans and milk
Thursday- Corn Dogs, baked beans, peaches and milk
Friday- Tacquitos, carrots, pears and milk

No comments:

Post a Comment